Ceremony has been used for thousands of years as a psychological/ spiritual, social and cultural mechanism to assist people to deal with major life changes.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 75% of us have not had end of life discussions
- 60% think we don’t talk about death enough
- Over 70% of us die in hospital though most of us would prefer to die at home
- Very few of us die with an advance care plan (less than 10 percent)
- The number of Australians aged 65 and over will double by 2050 increasing our need to plan while well and share our wishes with our loved ones
- Who would you like to speak for you if you were too sick or unable to speak for yourself?
- Have you talked to that person about your wishes?
WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT FUNERALS?