Information here is to assist members to
- provide advice and feedback to the National Committee (and various Sub-committees and working parties)
- volunteer for a range of tasks, working parties and sub-committees
so we have a vibrant and growing association.
Also as non-profit association owned by its members, the National Committee aims to ensure that
- its operations are transparent and accountable to members.
- must be based on what is in our Consititution.
See: Part 2 – Membership below
- are outlined in Membership Requirements
- related information can be found in our TCN association business
- information can be found in Home > Celebrants > Join TCN
- To oversight the direction of the association in accordance with its Consititution
- To vote at the Annual General Meeting on matters that affect the association.
- To raise matters with the National Committee via Members Forums or by contacting the National Committee via its Secretary or any Committee Member.
Prospective members join through the Membership Pro system.
IMPORTANT: By ordering and paying for a TCN Inc Celebrant Membership you are declaring
- you are or have been an Authorised Marriage Celebrant - please supply your Authorisation number, or
- you have completed a course in funeral celebrancy, if applying for a funeral listing - please state which and supply evidence of this, or
- you are enrolled in a course in celebrancy, if applying for Student Membership - please state which and supply evidence of this, or
- you do not have formal training, but consider you have the skills and experience to offer the celebrancy services being applied for, and wish special consideration from the TCN Inc Committee
- you support TCN Inc objectives including marriage equality, the role of professional independent celebrants, and the role of civil celebrations in upholding civil and human rights.
Please contact us if you wish special consideration from the TCN Inc Committee.
The Celebrants Network Inc is a national community based association, Annual General Meetings are held online over a 24 hour period to enable all members to participate and vote.
REFERENCE TCN Inc Constitution:
2.2 Membership Categories
There are three categories of TCN Incorporated membership.
2.2.1 Full membership
(a) TCN Inc Full Members are independent self-employed Civil Celebrants (eg marriage, family, funeral or community).
(b) TCN Inc Full membership requires the applicant to:
(i) be or have been an authorised marriage celebrant of the Commonwealth of Australia; and/or
(ii) have satisfactorily completed a course of study in celebrancy relevant to services offered (marriage, funeral or general celebrancy); and/or
(iii) have equivalent level of expertise as approved by TCN Inc Committee.
(iv) provide evidence of (i) and/or (ii) and/or (iii) as required by the TCN Inc National Committee.
(c) TCN Inc Full Members need to meet membership qualifications and thus will have voting rights at AGM and special meetings, and if so elected, at Committee meetings.
2.2.2 Student celebrant membership
(a) TCN Inc Student Celebrant members are applicants who are:
(i) enrolled in a course of study in celebrancy; and
(ii) can provide evidence of (i) as required by the TCN Inc National Committee.
(b) Student Celebrant membership will give the Student Celebrant Members access to TCN Inc Members Only Information Sections and Forums, but not Directory Listings until they meet the requirements for Full Celebrant membership.
(c) TCN Inc Student Celebrant Members need to meet membership qualifications for Student Celebrants but they will not have voting rights at AGM and special meetings, nor will they be able to be elected to Committee meetings.
2.2.3 Affiliate Membership
(a) Affiliate members are:
(i) individuals who support the above aims; or
(ii) individuals representing organizations that support the above aims.
(b) TCN Inc Affiliate Celebrant Members need to meet membership qualifications for Affiliate Celebrants but they will not have voting rights at AGM and special meetings, but they will be able to be elected to Committee meetings.
(c) The purpose of the TCN Inc having Affiliate Members is to bring broader expertise to the development and functioning of the TCN Inc. and to enable members of the Australian community who support principles of democratic governance, civil and human rights to have input into and support the objectives of the TCN Inc.
(d) Suitable mechanisms will be made available via web based and other electronic means, for the active involvement of both groups of membership to interact with each other for the positive achievement of the TCN Inc Objectives.