As explained in the document, this submission is an extension of the Coalition of Celebrant Associations (CoCA) Submission to address areas not able to be addressed in the time-frame via the CoCA Delegates who all volunteer their time to assist celebrants. The CoCA submission can be found on www.coalitionofcelebrantassociations.org.au
The TCN Inc is a member of the Coalition of Celebrant Associations Inc. The TCN Inc endorsed the CoCA submission, which focused upon the immediate Issue of Cost Recovery and its stated aim to "improve the professionalism of celebrants".
The TCN Inc submission focused upon the inherent discrimination in the Marriage Act, the Regulations, the inequitable way in which different classes of marriage celebrants are treated in practice and strategies to improve the delivery of marriage services to the Australian community.
Download TCN Inc submission on Cost Recovery & Increasing Professionalism as a PDF file
This is the TCN Inc's Submission in response to the AGD Celebrant Fee and Reforms.
- Summary of Recommendations
- Section A - General
- Section B - The Marriage Act
- Section C - Increasing Professionalism
- Appendix 1: Adequacy of Regulation Impact Statement
- Appendix 2: Most Appropriate Model of Celebrancy
- Appendix 3: TCN Inc Model of Celebrancy
- Appendix 4: CoCA Revised Code Of Practice
- Appendix 5: Comparison of Notice Periods
- Appendix 6: Revised Form 14A
- Appendix 7: Example of Requirements of Proof of Identity
- Appendix 8: Example of Revised Notice of Intended Marriage
- Appendix 9: Example Data for Upgraded MLCS Website
- A.1 What is a profession?
- A.2 What are key characteristics of a profession?
- A.3 Is Marriage Celebrancy a Profession?
- A.4 Some Marriage Related Facts
- A.5 Some celebrant statistics from 1999
- A.5 CoCA interim response to AGD changes
- A.6 CoCA conflict of interest
- Response to AGD Cost Recovery Discussion Paper August 2012
- Support of CoCA Recommendations for Marriage Act changes
- Summary of CoCA Recommendations on Cost Recovery
- CoCA interim response to AGD changes