How can I organise a congratulatory message?
Australians who are celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen.
Who is eligible for a congratulatory message?
- The Prime Minister will send a message of congratulations to people turning 90 years of age or more.
- The Queen and Governor-General will send a message on a 100th birthday.
- On request, the Prime Minister and the Governor-General will write again every year and The Queen will write again every five years following the 100th Birthday.
- The Prime Minister and Governor-General send messages to couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and subsequent wedding anniversaries.
- The Queen will send messages to couples celebrating 60 years of marriage and will write every five years after that on request.
Full details on how to arrange a congratulatory message are at
A TCN celebrant can create a ceremony to mark the special occasion. The message of congratulations could be handed over as part of the ceremony.