In other words, what TCN calls a Party with a Purpose?
Engaging a professional celebrant can make any of these occasions extra special, because the reason for celebrating is made the centre piece of the gathering.
The role of your professional celebrant, like a wedding or funeral, could include:
- gathering information about the life of person/s we are celebrating, including some family history where appropriate
- coordinating the speeches / tributes by family and friends
- facilitating photo-records or video presentations
- organising an appropriate Memento Album for the occasion with opportunities for guests tributes and photos as required,
- emcee the formal celebration reasonably close to the beginning of the gathering, and finishing with suitable toasts or tributes as agreed by the family
Remember most people are anxious about being the centre of attention of such an occasion. There are various ways we can work together to ensure that this concern is minimised. .
For example, the seating arrangement can ensure that whilst the purpose of the celebration is the centre piece, the person/s does not have to be out front in the centre.
Steps to plan a “Party with a purpose”
Read more: Steps to plan a “Party with a purpose”
Read more: Celebrating every stage of life.