- comprises a network of civil celebrants supported to promote a range of ceremonies to our communities
- promotes "celebrating with ceremony" to strengthen family and community networks
- supports the professional in private practice "Family Celebrant" model of civil celebrancy
The Purpose and Objectives of The Celebrants Network are:
(1) The Celebrants Network Inc is a democratic, respectful, Australia-wide not for profit Association founded on the principles of human and civil rights.
(2) Our Purpose is to support our members, who are practising and prospective independent civil celebrants, to be recognised throughout Australia as leading providers of creative, inclusive, meaningful ceremonies that enhance and enrich the lives of individuals and the wider community.
(3) The Objectives of The Celebrants Network are to:
- widely promote the role of professional civil celebrants and the benefits of ceremony to individuals and the wider community;
- support our members in their roles as professional civil celebrants; and
- engage with relevant organisations to further the development of celebrancy as a profession.
The Celebrants Network Inc was first established in 2008 as a not-for-profit association under the NSW Incorporation Act.
- The revised Constitution was adopted in November 2010 and registered with the NSW Department of Fair Trading.
- Rona Goold donated the Australian Celebrants and Celebrations Network to the association on 30th June 2011.
- Rona was made a a life member of in 2013, continued as a volunteer of the National Committee until March 2017 and is currently a part-time volunteer.
- The members amended the name to The Celebrants Network in 2019
The current Committee can be found in About Us.
For more information, contact us.