Consider carefully which celebrant associations you support
These member associations of Coalitions of Celebrant Associations (CoCA) Incorporated represents marriage celebrants at the Attorney-General's Associations' meeting twice a year.
One aspect of their representation is to ensure that the annual fees that Commonwealth Marriage Celebrants pay is minimum required to oversight the legislative requirements determined by the Marriage Act and Regulations
The Celebrants Network Inc recommends you join a CoCA association. These are:
- Association of Civil Marriage Celebrants of Victoria Inc – ACMC
- Celebrants Australia Inc CAI
- The Celebrants Network Inc
- International College of Celebrancy Alumni and Friends Association – ICCA
- Marriage Celebrants Australia Inc – MCA
- Professional Celebrants Association Inc – PCA
- Association Civil Marriage Celebrants NSW & ACT Inc – ACMC NSW/ACT
- Association Civil Marriage Celebrant SA Inc – ACMSA
- Alliance of Celebrants Queensland Inc – ACQ
- Riverina Marriage Celebrants Association Inc – RMCA
These associations continue to work together to ensure that the annual fees each July kept as low as possible and in line with the Government's Cost Recovery Guidelines.
Under the Cost Recovery Guidelines from the Department of Finance, the Marriage Law and Celebrant Section (MLCS) is required to provide a cost efficient and effective system of regulation.
CoCA associations regularly provide information, advice and formal submissions to the MLCS to assist them to identify and provide the services that result in efficient regulation.
When you do join an association make sure it is a member of the peak body of celebrant associations - Coalitions of Celebrant Associations (CoCA) Incorporated