The cost of individual advertising is very high and often has poor results because it does not lead to more paid work.
- The wedding market is a limited market meaning there are only a limited number of weddings (120,000 pa) to go around
- ie if every celebrant spends 10 times their current budget on advertising, this extra money would not create any extra weddings!
People are clever at tuning out from advertising. For example they mute ads on TV, or pre-record to be able to skip them.
- Paid ads are not "trusted" as much as "word of mouth" referrals.
- Internet Marketing uses IN bound not old fashioned OUT bound techniques
- Scatter gun approaches are not as effective as promoting your services to specific targets that are more likely to engage you.
- Using less money and more of your time, and different promotional methods can be more econonical and effective in the medium to long term
For example, Utilising no or low cost internet techniques such promoting your TCN network, sharing TCN's social media posts and more face to face targetted community talks etc.
- Having a "Business" Plan to make sure your efforts and money are likely to give you the best result.
- This is why TCN Inc encourages members to look at trends and ceremony opportunities and to adapt to changing times.
It is to your advantage then to take every opportunity you have for exposure on the TCN website particularly by keeping your directory entry fresh and engaging.