Many couples do not realise that an independent civil marriage celebrant can often provide a wonderful alternative to a Registry Office Wedding.
Unlike many countries, Australia has independent civil marriage celebrants who will come to the venue of your choice at any time of day - any day of the year.
The Celebrants Network has civil marriage celebrant members across Australia.
If cost of the ceremony or wedding is a factor, consider:
- For a small wedding, a civil celebrant's fees may be very similar to, or the same as the Registry Office fees
- Often you and your guests must all travel much further to the Registry Office, whereas a civil celebrant will come to your home or venue of choice.
- You will have more choice about the day and time of your ceremony.
For example, you may choose an early morning wedding and have a "real wedding breakfast"
- A civil celebrant offers more choice in ceremony and can personalise your ceremony if you wish
- On the other hand, your civil celebrant can make the ceremony as short as the legal requirements allow
- Unlike the Registry Office, you will be able to have refreshments and celebratory items such as bubbles, champagne toast, rice or flowers
- You will be more relaxed because you'll be able to choose your celebrant and get to know them before the special day
At a Registry Office you are required to have whoever is on duty that day
CIVIL WEDDINGS CAN GIVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH MORE ...