Ongoing professional development is
- a great opportunity to extend your learning and / or network with other celebrants
- also a requirement for continued registration as a marriage celebrant.
2013 OPD will consist of
- One 2 hour compulsory session AND
- Three hours of elective OPD sessions (taken as 1, 2 or 3 separate units that total at least 3 hours)
Celebrants and Celebrations Network Australia - CCNA, as part of CCN Inc, is not an OPD provider.
However the CCNA does aim to
- provide comprehensive information about your OPD options as a marriage celebrants, as approved by the OPD Providers, and
- where possible, negotiates OPD discounts for CCN/A members
Ongoing professional development
- You must complete five hours of professional development activities each year.
- This includes compulsory and elective activities.
- Disciplinary measures may be imposed on you if you fail to complete this obligation.
- Information on OPD Providers is available on the Attorney General's Website - Marriage Law and Celebrant Section.
There are three only approved OPD providers delivering these activities
Two of these providers have offered special discounts to CCNA / CCN Inc
and have granted permission for details of their OPD programs to be displayed here in our CCNA OPD Calendar:
You need to contact OPD Providers directly for up-to-date information, and booking your OPD.
- There are face-to-face and distance education options.
Newly appointed marriage celebrants
Some RTOS have incorrectly told their students that there are exemptions for all new marriage celebrants - NOT TRUE!
That previous policy has been withdrawn. Exemptions depend on the Marriage Law & Celebrant Section's current rulings.
Please CHECK your Letter of Appointment to see what your OPD obligations are!