The Celebrants Network is developing a number of services and resources especially for Funeral Celebrants, Memorial Celebrants and Celebrants for all occasions.
Our strategy aims to have The Celebrants Network members known before the need for a funeral.
- 50 years ago families did not ask the undertaker who could do their funeral ceremony
- Families had their 'family celebrant' - their minister or priest.
- As our society has become more secular, civil celebrants have been slowly taking up these ceremonial roles.
- But not with a clear aim of being the "family" celebrant - to be there for a family's other significant events, so when a family funeral is needed - you, THE family's celebrant, will be the one they turn to (not the funeral company)
- To strenghten this aim, celebrants need to
- aim to be "their" celebrant for as many significant events as possible - and if you want funeral work, targeting the more senior age group makes sense.
- add pre-funeral planning to their list of celebrancy related services
- network in their local communities to become known, especially by the 60+ age groups.
Did you know?
• over the last 20 years, the rate of weddings has not changed in Australia
• the number of older people in the population will double in next 50 years
• for the last 25 years the number of funerals has increased at 1% annually every year
• the baby boomers will continue to turn 60 until 2023 and 70 in 2033
• the number of people aged 85 years or over has doubled in last 20 years
• Australia's population will increase by another third in the next 40 years
• there are 33 other possible ceremony options to each wedding possibility
What can The Celebrants Network offer you?
A free Memorial /Funeral Listings in our Celebrant Directory
A Loss and Grief section of the website for the general public to be better informed about their funeral options
- Make suggestions about content for this section
- Submit suitable articles to this section and be acknowledged as author
A Member's Only Funeral section of the website
- Access this Member's Only section for ideas and tips
Celebrant Forum - Members Only
- Be active on our Members Only forum
Contact us if you need more information.