The Celebrants Network Inc - BLOG
More Blog posts can be found in the Blog Categories to the right.
How to involve blended families into your ceremony
* Say a formal "Thank You", with a few words of love and appreciation, along with a gift of a hug, flowers, jewellery, or a written "Thank You" or "Love U Note".
* Have a handfasting with each family member placing a ribbon
* Modify a traditional practice by thinking creatively. For example, have both biological and step fathers walk the bride into the wedding ceremony
* Prepare a basket of wishes to be distributed during the certificate signing, and finish the ceremony with each guest making a wish to the guest or guests of honour
* Choose a reading (poetry, prose or even song lyrics) for one or a small group to share by reading different lines, or have a group musical presentation
* New family members can all sign a family certificate
The most important thing is that every one is made to feel included and valued.
Remember though - when involving children, do consider their level of maturity and do not ask them to make promises that are not their responsibility or are likely to stress their relationships with others.
If you would like to speak to a celebrant about your blended family's ceremony - Click here for The Celebrants Network.