The Celebrants Network Inc - BLOG
More Blog posts can be found in the Blog Categories to the right.
When your wedding plans are becoming overwhelming - remember the reason you’re getting married.
Your wedding is getting close and your nerves are becoming more frazzled. Feeling overwhelmed is becoming your new normal, and you and your fiance seem to spend all of your time consumed with wedding plans.
Sounds familiar? According to a survey by fearcourse.com
- 71% of brides-to-be suffered from some type of nerves during the build-up to their wedding
- 92% of brides experienced nerves on the day of the wedding or the evening before
- 66% reported that it affected their daily lives prior to it, or hampered their performance and enjoyment during the day itself.
These feeling of overwhelm could be caused by a number of issues in the busy lead up to your wedding.
- Guest lists
- Seating plans
- Suppliers who don't deliver
- Disagreements over some of the wedding details
- Family pressure
- Wanting the day to be perfect.
Whatever your reasons are, perhaps it is time to take a wedding planning break, just you and your partner spending time together, just hanging out and remembering your reasons why you wanted to get married.
Taking a mini break dedicated to you as a couple is a great way to let you see the big picture, strengthen your bond, and to set a good pattern for your marriage, especially after you have kids.
Minibreaks could be an afternoon off, a weekend off, or even a whole week with wedding planning put on the back burner, while you spend time looking after your relationship. Some great mini breaks are :
- A couples massage session
- An afternoon movie session
- A romantic dinner date
- A weekend away at your favourite B and B
- Bingeing out on a whole TV series.
- A walk on the beach.
Thank you for joining us....
?? We would love it if you would let us know what you think ?.
There is a comment section ? at the bottom ⬇ of the blog for you to do just that.
? Click on the word "Comment" and go for it!
? Don't forget to subscribe ? to this blog - the "subscribe" button is up the top of the page ⇞⇞⇞ and the blog will magically ?? appear in your email inbox ?.
Also please feel free to share ? our blog on your social media ? so we can spread the love ?!
Please use this ? link: https://www.celebrations.org.au/blog when you share. ?
Find us on Facebook
This is great advice. I see many couples where the B2B is frazzled and totally focused on wedding day plans and her fiancé looks forgotten. Timeout together is a great habit to get into.